Your property is listed with a real estate broker and agent that you trust. You get the phone call requesting a showing. What do you need to do?
While the listing agent is responsible for setting up and conducting the showings, you, the owner, are in the best position to make the property look its very best.
Here are a few suggestions:
1. Turn on every light in the house, even if it is a sunny day. (Make sure that light fixtures and lamps have working light bulbs).
2. Open all the curtains, and lift (don't just open) window blinds.
3. Make sure the kitchen and bathrooms are clean and neat.
4. Make the beds.
5. Turn up the heat if it is wintertime.
6. Even if you don't have time to dust, make sure everything is picked up.
7. Take pets with you when you vacate for the showing.
8. Vacate for the showing. (No buyer can focus on the property if the owner is proudly going on about some favorite aspect).
With your help, your house can get the best possible showing.