Although Spring is late in arriving in our area this year, it's time for all of us to get to work preparing our yard and garden.
- Clean the garden shed including tools, patio furniture and cushions
- Call your local source to have the lawn mower tuned
- Remove stones and debris from your lawn and then aerate
- Tackle weeds early to save back-breaking work later
- Freshen mulch since it compacts and breaks down over the winter
- Uncover herbs to let them benefit from sunshine
- Gradually begin moving houseplants outdoors
- Make certain to cut back perennials
- There are a myriad of websites with garden and yard resources -- HGTV.com is one that comes to mind.
Spring will come to our area -- hopefully in the week ahead. With these steps, we can all be prepared.