After what seemed like the snowiest and longest winter in many years, summer is truly here. Today we offer a few tips for getting your house ready:
1) Tune up air conditioners – experts recommend having the refrigerant checked yearly and changing filters for units monthly while in use.
2) Gutter clean up – this is that time of year to make sure that all your gutters are free of leaves and debris. A twice-yearly clean out will help ensure that your gutters will work properly.
3) Ceiling fans – make sure that you switch the direction of your fans so that the air is now pushed down towards you. (In the winter, it’s best to reverse the flow.)
4) Dryer vent – be sure to check and clean out your dryer vent to avoid a source of potential fires.
5) Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors – if you have not changed the batteries or checked your detectors in awhile, now is the time.
6) Pour a tall glass of iced tea, sit back, and appreciate the beauty that surrounds us this time of year here in the Northwest Corner!