As the beautiful fall season has apparently come to an end in the Northwest Corner of Connecticut and surrounds, it is the perfect time to prepare your house for winter.
Here are a few things you should have on your checklist:
1) Order good, seasoned firewood.
2) Have your gutters cleaned after the leaves have fallen.
3) Have your chimney swept and inspected. It should be cleaned every one to three years depending on how many fires you have.
4) Have your furnace serviced and filters changed.
5) Rather than rake your leaves, use a mulching mower which is better for your lawn.
6) Trim the branches of any large trees that might pose a danger to your home in a winter storm.
Then sit back and enjoy the winter and snow!