First impressions are everything, and your home's curb appeal matters, not just for potential buyers.
Did you know that taking care of your belongings (including your home and car) can contribute to the same sense of well-being that taking care of your health by exercising and eating well can? If you are preparing to sell your home, use spring cleaning as an opportunity to go a bit further to improve the appearance of your home. Here are some cheap fixes that go a long way.
10 Easy Ways to Spruce things Up
- Fertilize your lawn for a fresh, healthy look. All you need is fertilizer, spreader, and a hose.
- Stain the deck and touch up peeling paint around your entranceways.
- Sweep under overhangs to clear cobwebs.
- Fix or upgrade your fence. If it’s in really poor condition, remove it.
- Replace the errant rock that fell off the wall last year.
- Trim your trees and bushes.
- Clean leaves and debris from your yard, and from gutters.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Maybe invest in a new mailbox and doormats.
- Consider planting a bush or small tree if you have the space.
A neatly-kept outward appearance goes a long way in setting the tone of your home to a potential buyer. The added bonus is feeling great when you return home every day. Go ahead and enjoy that glass of wine in your beautiful living room!